Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make this casserole the night before and just pop it in the oven for your breakfast or brunch. When turned over and out of pan, a caramel layer will have formed. Delicious!
- Boil butter, maple syrup and brown sugar together for 1 minute.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Slice French bread and put a layer of slices over the caramel mixture.
- Beat rest of ingredients together and pour over the bread.
- Refrigerate covered overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Turn pieces over onto serving platter and caramel will be on top.
Boiy is this ever YUMMY. I made it for company and used Texas Toast. It turned out perfect. Only one slice was needed for each of us girls, DH had 2 or 3. Very rich, could pass for dessert but what a treat in the Am w/ a good cuppa joe!
This was amazing. I added 1/2 cup of pecans to the caramel mixture, it tasted just like pecan pie...yummy! I agree with other reviewers and next time I won't make it the night before, I'll just soak the bread in the egg mixture in the morning for a little while before popping it in the oven. Thanks for a delicious recipe!
This was great! Really delicious. A very special father's day breakfast. Made is think of cinnamon buns. I added walnuts with the caramel, and cloves and ginger to the egg batter. I pulled it out of the oven 10 minutes early so we had caramel sauce instead of baked caramel. It is a very heavy dish, though. I'd pair it with something like fruit salad, not eggs and bacon.