Recipe by Marie
Make this casserole the night before and just pop it in the oven for your breakfast or brunch. When turned over and out of pan, a caramel layer will have formed. Delicious!
Top Review by Shabby Sign Shoppe
Boiy is this ever YUMMY. I made it for company and used Texas Toast. It turned out perfect. Only one slice was needed for each of us girls, DH had 2 or 3. Very rich, could pass for dessert but what a treat in the Am w/ a good cuppa joe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil butter, maple syrup and brown sugar together for 1 minute.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Slice French bread and put a layer of slices over the caramel mixture.
- Beat rest of ingredients together and pour over the bread.
- Refrigerate covered overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Turn pieces over onto serving platter and caramel will be on top.