Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter; stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then boil, without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in soda and vanilla.
- Gradually pour over corn, mix well.
- Turn into two large, shallow baking pans.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 1 hour, stir every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool completely.
- Break apart and store in tightly covered containers.
I received a copy of this recipe from a friend, and it is delicious! It is a little time consuming, but so worth it. Easy to make, and the finished product is great. I wrapped it up in tins and gave it out as a holiday gift, and everyone asked if they could have a refill! Thanks for sharing.
I used this for my an "appetizer" at my daughter's wedding and everyone LOVED it. Thanks
It is good, it is crunchy and it has the right amount of sweet and salty.