Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful recipe that I found in one of my Gooseberry Patch books. While baking, it fills the entire house with the wonderful smell of caramel apples! Perfect for a chilly fall evening!!
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons caramel ice cream topping
- 2 teaspoons chopped pecans
- 1 cored apple
- Place cored apple in apple baker or baking dish.
- Sprinkle apple with brown sugar (push some down into the core).
- Top with caramel ice cream topping and pecans.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes (depending on size of apple).
We loved this. I followed the concept of the recipe. I used five apples, peeled and cored them and then cut them in fourths. I put them in the microwave for two minutes to get them soft and then but them in a pan, topped with the caramel topping and pecans but I didn't measure them. I didn't add the brown sugar. I baked them for about five minutes to warm the caramel. We all enjoyed these for dessert.
A very simple desset with a lovely presentation. I used red apples and served with premium vanilla ice cream. Baking time wasn't long enough to fully cook the apples. We liked that. A great recipe for carmel apple lovers.