- 1 loaf baguette, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices (about 30 to 36 slices)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 5 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaf, stemmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange the sliced baguette bread on a baking sheet.
- Brush with some of the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until the bread is pale golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Top each slice of bread with a slice of tomato and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top each slice of tomato with a slice of mozzarella and sprinkle with salt.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven until the cheese and tomato are warmed, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange the toasts on a serving platter.
- Top each toast with a basil leaf.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve.