1/6 Photos of Baked Caprese Salad
Cristina Barry's Note:
Giada De Laurentis - I used day old foccacio bread, mixed minced garlic and olive oil to brush onto the slices of bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Arrange the sliced baguette bread on a baking sheet.
- 3Brush with some of the olive oil.
- 4Sprinkle with salt.
- 5Bake until the bread is pale golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from the oven.
- 7Top each slice of bread with a slice of tomato and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 8Top each slice of tomato with a slice of mozzarella and sprinkle with salt.
- 9Return the baking sheet to the oven until the cheese and tomato are warmed, about 5 minutes.
- 10Arrange the toasts on a serving platter.
- 11Top each toast with a basil leaf.
- 12Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Caprese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.5
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 1103.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh basil leaves