Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I served one jumbo ravioli as an appetizer, but serving two or three would make a good entree. The ravioli I used were about 2 inches in diameter, but I imagine you could use whatever size you can find.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagejumbo cheese ravioli
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 -4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh basil
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the ravioli according to package directions. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°F and chop the basil.
- Place ravioli on a parchment lined baking pan. Layer each ravioli with a slice of tomato, then season with salt and pepper. Then continue with with the basil then the cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes (or until the cheese is melted and the ravioli edges start to brown). Drizzle with the olive oil and serve.
What a wonderful easy, tasty recipe. Got nothing but raves at the table. A definite keeper! Thank you for sharing your recipe.
We loved this! Quick and easy to prepare, with all of the wonderful caprese flavors! I used spinach and cheese ravioli and basil from the garden. Thanks for sharing! ZWT7
Simple and beautiful. I love that the tomato and basil bake on to the pasta and almost create a sauce. I used several cheese tortellini grouped together as that is what I had on hand. I also added minced garlic with the basil. Delightful and easy! Thanks Chef!