Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so easy to fix, it came from another recipe site because I needed a cannoli pie that would be easy to tranport in a warm weather. Whipped cream (like Redi Whip)brings a lot to this pie
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Creme de Cacao
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons miniature chocolate chips
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 chocolate graham wafer pie crust
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a blender, cover and beat until smooth.
- Pour into the pie shell and bake in a pre heated 300 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Cool at room temperature, then Chill.
- Garnish when serving with Whipped cream and cherries.
Oh my, the flavor of the Creme de cacao was overwhelming. None of the 5 adults I served this to liked it. I discarded the leftovers.
I tried so hard to give this more stars, but in all honesty, I can't. It took me quite a bit more oven time than the hour. You were right about the whipped cream, as it was rather dry without. You've got a lot of promise in this recipe, you just need to go with your own instincts. You stated that it would benefit from the whipped cream, and had you done something about it before posting it, your recipe would have benefited. The taste was good.