Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Got this recipe from the Betty Rosbottom article in the local paper. Plan on serving/eating it right away because the cheese does harden up quickly and the dish gets fairly mutilated once people dive into it. I just love the mix of flavors and textures with this dish. I prefer toasted baguette, but crackers or other breads would also work.
- Slice the rind off the top of the cheese.
- Combine cranberries, pistachios, orange zest in small bowl; then mound this mixture on top of the cheese.
- Place cheese on foil-lined baking sheet and refrigerate 30 minutes or longer. (Cheese can be prepared 4 hours ahead if covered and refrigerated.).
- When ready to bake cheese, arrange rack at center position and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake cheese until warm & just softened, about 6-8 minutes. Watch carefully. Check to see if cheese is softened by touching with your fingers. It should be slightly soft when pressed lightly.
- Remove and cool, about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to serving tray. (Trim foil if you wish).
- Surround with bread and/or crackers.