Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love brie and camembert, and have baked them on my own several times. I have never encountered an actual recipe, though, so here is one that approximates my own method. I have used raspberry jam, but I think that the camembert (or brie) stands well on its own! I serve this as an appetizer with crackers or pieces of toasted baguette. Yum!!!
- 10 -12 ounces camembert cheese, in a round wooden box
- strawberry jam (to taste) or raspberry jam (to taste) or orange marmalade, mango (to taste)
- chutney or honey (optional) or fruit preserves, of your choice (optional)
- chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
- Remove the paper or plastic inner wrapping on the cheese and return the cheese to the round wooden box.
- Bake, wooden box and all, in a preheated 350F oven, or in the microwave, until the cheese is warm and runny under the rind. Top with preserves and nuts if desired, or serve alone with crackers for dipping.
This is the easiest and at the same time most "ooohh-worthy" starter. I served it with chutney and Bruschetta and people nearly started kissing me!!