I discovered this recipe at fooddownunder.com. It differs from the one posted by Mirj, so I'm submitting it here as in my opinion one can never have too many camel recipes. I have definitely NOT adjusted this one to suit my family's tastes! Yield amount was not given, but I'm guessing an entire subdivision. I'm estimating on preparation time as I have no idea how long it takes to scale 1 carp, let alone 20; pit-digging is also not included in preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the eggs, peel them.
- 2Scale the carps.
- 3Fill the carps with the dates and the eggs. Fill the turkeys with the carps.
- 4Fill the sheep with the turkeys.
- 5Fill the camel with the sheep.
- 6Dig a large pit.
- 7Place about 500 kilos of charcoal in the pit and light them.
- 8Wrap the camel in the banana-leafs and place in the pit.
- 9Cover with earth and bake for two days.
- 10Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Camel
Serving Size: 1 (11640 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 22298.4
- Calories from Fat 7989
- Total Fat 887.6 g
- Saturated Fat 273.7 g
- Cholesterol 37224.0 mg
- Sodium 12386.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2558.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 265.6 g
- Sugars 2170.9 g
- Protein 1188.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: