Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I learned a long time ago most anything which is fried can be baked. So I tried it with liver and onions. The house didn't stink for three days and the meat was much more tender.
- 8 slices calf liver (deveined)
- 1 -26 ounce Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 2 medium onions (thinly sliced)
- Mix soups together, spread a thin layer over bottom of 13"x9"x2" baking dish.
- Put a layer of liver, a layer of onions,and a layer of soup mixture. Repeat with second layer if needed.
- Cover with remaining soup mixture.
- Cover dish with foil and bake at 350 for 1-1/2 hour.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
This is a really nice dish. But I recommend using lambs liver it has a much nicer flavor.
very good..tender and tasty .I used pearl onions...next time I may try the golden Mushroom soup, sounds good also.
I always use 2 (10.5-oz.) cans of Campbells Golden Mushroom soup (not regular mushroom soup) the French Onion Soup, and 2 large white onions (Vidalias when in season). I make one layer and bake it 1 hour and 10 minutes. It is always outstanding! The liver is tender and delicious. The gravy is savory and so tasty, with the golden mushroom soup flavor. Thanks to Burg's country kitchen for this wonderful, easy recipe, which quickly became a favorite.