Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
These are great to make when you feel like donuts, but you dont feel like frying. Dip these in glazes or dip in melted butter then roll in them cinnamon sugar.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a 12 hole donut pan. In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Add buttermilk, eggs, and butter, stir until just combined.
- Divide batter between prepared donut pan. Bake until toothpick comes out clean, 7 to 9 minutes. Let donuts cool in pans for 5 minutes then take them out of pan and let cool on a cooling rack.
I made these in my new donut maker (looks like a waffle iron). These have been my favorite plain recipe so far. I always sub buttermilk with plain yogurt and milk, so for this I used 1/2 c milk and 1/4 c plain yogurt. Nutmeg is subtle and adds a nice flavor. I have also cut the recipe in half so I am not making so many temptations.
Nice recipe. I added 2 tsp of vanilla extract, and may add some almond or orange to the mix the next time I make these. Huge hit with the family!
Just made these and they are very good. I did add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon with the dry ingredients, we love cinnamon. Rolled some in butter then in cinnamon and sugar and others in confectioners sugar and 1 plain. Easy to make and does satisfy my husband's donut craving.