Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are so good and you could use the recipe as a base to season them however you like, for instance, instead of the cayenne and cumin, you could use rosemary and fresh parsley!
- 4 large potatoes, clean and cut into 1/4 in. strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In mixing bowl toss the potatoes with the olive oil to coat them.
- Mix the spices and salt together and toss with the potatoes until evenly covered.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Use tongs to flip the fries and bake another 12-15 minutes. They should be golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup.
Yum! I really enjoyed these spicy little fries. Served them with tartar sauce for a great combination. Thanks Mrs Muffins for a nice treat. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
Mmm, these are very, very tasty! The fries turned out crispy and brown with a lovely flavour to them! I luv how all the spices work great together and will use this blend for other dishes, too. I made two versions of the recipe: One with the listed spices and the other using Indian Spice Mix, which worked great as well. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this easy and yummy recipe with us! Ill certainly make it again! Made and reviewed for one of my babies during Fall PAC 09.
loved them! nice spice!