Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I believe this was from a Taste of Home magazine.
- 1 large head of cabbage
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Remove outer leaves from cabbage. Cut into bite-size sections, removing core.
- Boil about 10 minutes, uncovered until tender-crisp.
- Drain; set aside.
- In separate saucepan, combine butter and flour, blending well over medium heat.
- Add onions,celery, pepper, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Saute for 10 minutes.
- Add milk, blending well over low heat until creamy.
- Add cheese, stir until smooth.
- Place cabbage in a 2 quart casserole, top with seasoned cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with green onions and breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes.
I used this receipt and found it to be very good.<br/>I made it a second time and added I lb. ground beef brown the beef and add a dash of wortstershier sauce. Twenty four people from my church cleaned the bowl and asked for the reciept