1 hr 8 mins
Baked cabbage? I haven't tried this yet, but I'm very intrigued. The recipe is from Nita Mehta's Vegetarian Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups grated cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1/2 cup oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup finely grated coconut or 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1Except sesame seeds, mix all ingredients together to make a thick batter of pouring consistency.
- 2Put in a greased medium-sized shallow baking dish to get 3/4" thick layer (a 9" square dish probably works best). Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- 3Bake at 180C/350F for 50-60 minutes til it turns brownish.
- 4Cut into 1" squares only after it cools down. Serve at room temperature or warm in a microwave to serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Cabbage Squares
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.9
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 353.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g