Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Baked cabbage? I haven't tried this yet, but I'm very intrigued. The recipe is from Nita Mehta's Vegetarian Cooking.
- 3 cups grated cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated coconut or 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Except sesame seeds, mix all ingredients together to make a thick batter of pouring consistency.
- Put in a greased medium-sized shallow baking dish to get 3/4" thick layer (a 9" square dish probably works best). Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 50-60 minutes til it turns brownish.
- Cut into 1" squares only after it cools down. Serve at room temperature or warm in a microwave to serve.