Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a German meatless main dish. Low in fat.
Make and share this Baked Cabbage and Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces coleslaw mix (4 cups)
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese or 12 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chives, snipped
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup rye cracker crumb
- Prepare fettuccini according to package directions, add sliced carrots in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Drain well, set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine coleslaw mix, vegetable broth, caraway seed, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in ricotta and mustard.
- Stir together cornstarch and milk and add to hot mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in chives cook 2 minutes more add pasta mix and toss.
- Spray a 2 qt square beking dish. Turn pasta into dish.
- Sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 375, 15-20 minutes until heated through.