Recipe by Lorac
Comfort food in an easy to make side dish.
Top Review by Rita~
OK I just had to make this seeing someone give it 1 star. In a dutch oven I fried 1 diced onion in 2 tablespoons butter then added the chopped cabbage to it let it cook just to heat through added milk, cheese, 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds,lots of blacks pepper, and the soup. I topped it with crushed crackers (thats whar I had on hand. Place it into the oven for 30 minutes at 350. came out great. I sauteed the cabbage because I didn`t want to wait for the water to boil. Came out great! Makes a good creamy side to a pork roast.
- 1 small cabbage, sliced into 1 inch wide wedges
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup rye bread, crumbs (I used caraway seeded)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add cabbage to boiling salted water, cook 2 minutes, drain.
- Combine soup, milk and cheese.
- Spoon 1/2 the cabbage into a buttered casserole, top with 1/2 the soup mixture and repeat.
- Combine butter and bread crumbs and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.