Recipe by Kristi Waterworth
This comes from a cookbook called "Pennsylvania Dutch Cookbook" by Betty Groff.
- 1 medium green cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup grated white American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cabbage into wedges and parboil in the water in a covered saucepan for about 4 minutes.
- Drain and place the cabbage in a buttered or greased 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinke with the flour, salt, pepper and sugar. Dot with the butter or melt and pour over evenly.
- Pour the milk over the cabbage and top with the grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for about 35 minutes or until golden brown on top and bubbling around the sides. The time will be affected by the depth of the baking dish.