1/1 Photo of Baked Cabbage
Another one of my favorite ways to enjoy cabbage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large green cabbage, about 3 - 3 1/2 lbs, coarsley chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsley chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup shredded gouda cheese, can use cheddar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup crushed cracker (or crushed croutons)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease/spray a large casserole dish; set aside.
- 2Cook the cabbage and onion in boiling salted water for 7-8 minutes; drain.
- 3In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the cream, shredded cheese, salt, pepper and celery seeds. Toss this micture with the cooked, drained cabbage mixture.
- 4Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- 5In a small bowl mix together melted butter and crushed crackers/croutons. Evenly sprinkle over the cabbage casserole.
- 6Bake at 350, uncovered for about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.0
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 74.2 mg
- Sodium 266.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: