Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 oranges, zest and juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and deseeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 C/400 F/Gas 6 Mix the parsley, orange zest and garlic in the orange juice. Cut the squash into 2 cm slices and brush with the olive oil.
- Place the squash in an ovenproof dish and season.
- Spoon the orange mix over the squash and cover with foil.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the squash is slightly soft. Serve with crusty bread rolls.
We really enjoyed your recipe. It is so easy to put together and can be done ahead of time then pop it in the oven 45 minutes before dinner, The hardest part of this recipe is cutting the raw squash but a bit of perseverance fixed that. All this time that the recipe has been posted and only one previous review I am so surprised because the recipe is so good!
This was a simple and very tasty side dish! One medium squash could easily serve 6 as a side. We used garlic powder and added salt, pepper, and few pats of butter on top before cooking. We also made sure to take out the dish halfway through baking and toss the squash so everything was well-marinated.