1/2 Photos of Baked Butternut Squash with Apples and Maple Syrup
1 hr 45 mins
I got this recipe years ago from Bon Appetit. Perfect for the fall season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs butternut squash, peeled,quartered lengthwise,seeded,and cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 lbs granny smith apples, peeled,quartered,cored,cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 3/4 cup dried currant
- fresh grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1Cook squash in a large pot of boiling salted water until almost tender; about 3 minutes.
- 2Drain well.
- 3Combine squash, apples and currants in a 13x9 inch casserole dish.
- 4Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- 5In a saucepan, combine maple syrup, butter, and lemon juice.
- 6Whisk over low heat until butter melts.
- 7Pour syrup over squash mixture and toss to coat.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until squash and apples are very tender; stir occasionally.
- 9Cool 5 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Butternut Squash with Apples and Maple Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.9
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 41.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g