Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've been making something similar to this most of the fall! My Son has no idea it was butternut he thought he was eating pumpkin! Method for pureeing butternut Pureed Squash Butternut, Acorn Any Hard Winter Squash!
- 946.36 ml pureed butternut squash or 946.36 ml pumpkin
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 1 fresh nutmeg, grated
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml dried ginger
- 473.19 ml heavy whipping cream
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79 ml crystallized ginger, minced
- 59.14 ml toasted pine nuts (cooled)
- Mix Butternut, Brown sugar, Evaporated milk, Eggs, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Dried Ginger,& Salt.
- Pour into a Pyrex Pan (8x8x2) inches that was sprayed with cooking spray (Pam).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile whip cream till it starts to thicken then add sugar till firm, fold in Crystallized ginger.
- Scoop warm or chilled pudding top with whipped cream and toasted pine nuts.
Easy to make. Taste is wonderful. Besides sprinkling the pine nuts on top, use some of the crystallized ginger also.
I used the butternut squash and this was great. I served it to guests and it was a big hit. I think of this as a kugel and not a pudding. I will add this to my kugel list. I also added an egg to this recipe and used Rich's whip instead of evaporated milk since my daughter is allergic to milk. It was great. I hope to try it with pumpkin too since I love pumpkin pie.
I made two (one for us) of this (easy to prepare) recipe last night and for a friend's dinner party. I had to stop myself from digging into it on the way, lol... It's wonderful as far as my family is concerned (even with a picky 12yr old boy) and was a hit at the party... The pan was scraped clean!... Thanks for the great new recipe!...