Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
In' Heirloom Cooking with the Brass Sisters'
Make and share this Baked Butternut Squash recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (about 2 cups)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Set oven rack in the middle position; preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a 17x11x1 inch jelly roll pan with foil, shiny side up, and coat with vegetable spray.
- Place the squash in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add brown sugar and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Add pineapple, salt, pepper, and ginger.
- Bring to a boil, decrease heat to medium, and cook until mixture is syrupy, about 15 minutes.
- Pour pineapple mixture over squash and toss to coat.
- Spread squash on prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes, shaking pan after 10 minutes for even cooking, until squash is soft when pierced with a knife.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and serve immediately.
- Store leftover squash in covered container in the refrigerator.
Excellent! Great flavors. I loved the toasted walnuts addition. The pineapple burned a bit, so I would suggest checking it early. Thanks for posting! :)
Very simple and tasty recipe. Made for Football Pool 2012 Week 6 win