1/1 Photo of Baked Butternut Squash
In' Heirloom Cooking with the Brass Sisters'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Set oven rack in the middle position; preheat oven to 425°.
- 2Line a 17x11x1 inch jelly roll pan with foil, shiny side up, and coat with vegetable spray.
- 3Place the squash in a large bowl.
- 4Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add brown sugar and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- 5Add pineapple, salt, pepper, and ginger.
- 6Bring to a boil, decrease heat to medium, and cook until mixture is syrupy, about 15 minutes.
- 7Pour pineapple mixture over squash and toss to coat.
- 8Spread squash on prepared pan.
- 9Bake 20 minutes, shaking pan after 10 minutes for even cooking, until squash is soft when pierced with a knife.
- 10Sprinkle with walnuts and serve immediately.
- 11Store leftover squash in covered container in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Butternut Squash
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 372.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g