Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This recipe comes from a February 1981 issue of Bon Appetit. It was in the "Food Processor" section.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 4 large shallots, minced
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into pieces to fit feed tube
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter 2-quart baking dish and set aside.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Slice squash using firm pressure. If slicing by hand, slice into about 1/4 inch pieces.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallot and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in squash; add salt, nutmeg and pepper to taste and continue cooking 3 minutes.
- Transfer to prepared dish.
- Squash can be prepared ahead to this point. Cover and refrigerate.
- Bake, covered, 45 minutes.
- Add parsley to squash and toss lightly.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, and serve.