Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is the only Squash recipe my husband and I like.
- 1 (2 lb) butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- Cut squash in half lenghtwise; discard seeds.
- Brush squash with butter.
- Combine the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pepper; sprinkle over squash halves.
- Place 2 teaspoons brown sugar in each half.
- Sprinkle remaining brown sugar over cut sides of squash.
- Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F. for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 15-25 minutes longer until squash is tender.
This was an exccellent way to bake the squash. I have 2 picky kids and they ate it up so fast. I'll use this recipe when ever I have this type squash.
This was well loved at our Thanksgiving dinner. I used Splenda Brown sugar in 1/2 the amount ask for and doubled the cinnamon and nutmeg. It baked easily in the oven along side the chicken (we are only 4 and don't need a big turkey). Yummm. Made for PAC, Fall '07.