Recipe by *Parsley*
This is a great side for Thanksgiving.
Top Review by Jensa
This is a very easy recipe. I didn't add the anise but did add some paprika and a dash of cayenne pepper. I also was out of brown sugar so put in half the recipe amount in maple syrup. I also used half the butter and put olive oil for the other half. At the end of baking, I sprinkled the dish with dry parsley. It was a big hit - everyone loved it!
- 1 about 1 - 2 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon anise seed (optional)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease/spray a 2-qt baking dish.
- Place squash cubes into a buttered 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper, cardomom, (optional aniseed), and brown sugar. Drizzle the melted butter and lemon juice over the top; toss to coat well.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350* oven for about 30-40 minutes or until squash is to desired tenderness.