Recipe by JustJanS
I got a new cookbook on holiday, I also got 15kg butternuts. So I was pretty pleased to find this yummy recipe in the book!! It's a nice texture thing-the pears and the pumpkin.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
I love squash and this was a nice way to prepare it. I tried three grocery stores for dried pears and none has them, so I used fresh pears and it worked pretty good. We enjoyed the mix of flavors.
- 400 g butternut pumpkin
- 1 (200 g) packet dried pear halves
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the pumpkin into 1 cm slices, trim off skin.
- Place in a shallow, rectangular, ovenproof dish, overlapping alternitavely with the pears.
- Drizzle in the water, making sure all surface area is moistened.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and brown sugar.
- Dot the butter over the surface.
- Cover with foil, sealing around the edges.
- Place in a preheated moderate oven and cook 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and return the dish to the oven, uncovered, continue to cook a further 10 minutes, or until the pears and pumpkin are caremelized on top.