Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Haven't tried this yet. Looks good and easy to make.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Spray an 8-inch pie plate with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine egg with melted butter;.
- whisk until well combined.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; combine with egg mixture.
- Pour in buttermilk and stir until just combined.
Great tasting baked pancake that's easy to assemble and bakes when other food is prepared. The instructions are not clear on how long to bake so I went by other another reviewers comments. Thanks for a great pancake!
Doubled the recipe and baked in glass 9x13 dish. Took about 25 minutes to bake. It was so delicious! Tastes just like a big fluffy stack of pancakes! Some topped theirs with syrup, but I had mine with strawberries and whipped cream! We will enjoy this recipe for lots of years to come!
This was quick and easy but I had to guess on how long to cook it. I didn't have an 8 inch pie plate so I used an 8 inch square baking pan and baked it for 20 minutes. It was very thick, like a cake. Next time I'll put it in a 13x9 pan so that it's not so thick. It was tasty though. I warmed some apple pie filling and put it on top, and sprinkled with powdered sugar. I'll make it again.