These are really tasty, and easy to make, too. :) Prep time is the chilling in the fridge.
Make and share this Baked Buttermilk Mustard Chicken Thighs recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ground sage
- 4 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and dried minced onion; set aside.
- Combine the buttermilk, Dijon, honey, salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, and sage.
- Divide mixture into two portions and set one portion aside.
- Coat the thighs in one portion of the buttermilk mixture, then dredge in the bread crumbs; discard any used buttermilk or breadcrumbs that are left over.
- Place thighs on a plate so that they are not overlapping and let chill in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and place in oven for 5 minutes to preheat the sheet; place thighs on the sheet and bake for 24 minutes, turning the pieces over after 12 minutes.
- To serve, microwave the reserved, unused buttermilk mixture on high for about 20-30 seconds or until warmed through, and drizzle as a sauce over the chicken.