Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is delicious, with lots of fruit and nuts, a touch of spice and a good dollop of vanilla ice cream.
- 4 large apples
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 25 g caster sugar
- 25 g hazelnuts, chopped
- 25 g small sultanas
- 25 g butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Using a apple corer, remove the core from each apple, leaving a cavity roughly 2cm across.
- Butter a small dish and sit the apples in the dish.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, ginger, suagr, nuts and sultanas.
- Carefully spoon this mixture into the centre of the apples.
- Dot the top with the remaining butter, then bake for 35-45 minutes until the apples are completely tender with split skins.
- Transfer to serving plates, scraping up any pn sediments.
- Serving with a scoopful of ice cream.