Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are easy, and are great for brown bagging
Make and share this Baked Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 3 cups cooked pinto beans
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons southwest seasoning
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 12 burrito-size flour tortillas
- salsa, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Brown hamburger, onion, jalapeño and seasoning.
- Add beans and simmer for 15-20 minutes uncovered.
- Pour off any juice.
- To assemble:.
- Place 2 hefty spoonfuls on one end of a tortilla.
- Cover the mixture with cheese - as much as you want.
- Roll up burrito style.
- Place on a cookie sheet, seam down.
- Make sure the burritos don't touch.
- Place the burritos in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the tortillas are light brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite salsa.
- These are good hot or cold!
These are very good. Making the filling was easy. My only problem was wrapping. Either my tortillas were uncooperative or I'm just a klutz. But even wrapped kind of strange, these are delicious. I will definitely try a different source of tortillas and make these again. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
Super easy, with lots of flavor! Love the "bite" in every bite from the jalapeno - wow! I used ground turkey and two 15 oz. cans of pinto beans, drained and rinsed. I made a lower carb version, not by design, but because I over-stuffed the burrito-size tortillas and only came out with seven burritos. 20 minutes of cooking was perfect. There will be no need for trips to Taco Bell with these in the freezer - these are so much better!