Prep 15 mins
Cook 33 mins
Just like hot buffalo wings but with more meat! Adjust the "heat" according to your preference.
- 8 small boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted (may be fat-free)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- blue cheese or ranch dressing, for dip
- Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray; add oil.
- Place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to an 11x7 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine hot sauce and next four ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 25 minutes.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing.
This was quick and easy to prepare. I used butter and since I ran out of Tabasco I added a little Vietnamese Chili-Garlic sauce to make 1/4 cup. The sauce was tasty, and so was the chicken, but they didn't really want to stick together, because the sauce was too thin. I will be working on this to see how it can be thickened or made to stick better; it will be well worth the effort.
It was very Yummy!!
This was GREAT! I used bone-in, skin-on thighs, but next time I'll use boneless skinless because the skin was a little fatty and gummy. I preseasoned the chicken with garlic salt, Mccormick Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning, and Mrs. Dash Chicken Seasoning. My boyfriend said the seasoning really added something special. I also baked the thighs without browning them in the skillet, which worked fine. 350 for 30 minutes, then I added the sauce and turned the heat up to 450 for 15 minutes to get the skin golden. I used Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce, and next time I'll leave out the butter and the water because all they really did was thin down the sauce. Delicious! The boyfriend told me I should definitely save this recipe for later. Will make again ,maybe for potlucks and parties !