Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
All the flavor of Buffalo Wings without the fat! Based on a Cooking Light recipe.
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground red pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 354.88 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 453.59 g chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- cooking spray
- 78.07 ml hot sauce (such as Franks)
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml butter
- 118.29 ml fat free blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk.
- Place egg whites in a shallow dish.
- Place Panko in a shallow dish.
- Working with 1 chicken strip at a time, dredge in flour mixture. Dip in egg whites; dredge in panko. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken strips, flour mixture, egg whites, and panko.
- Lightly coat chicken strips with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until done, turning once.
- Combine hot sauce and Worcestershire in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Drizzle hot sauce mixture over chicken.
- Serve with Blue Cheese.
Wow, this is so good! I usually find myself modifying a recipe to suit my tastes, but this one I didn't change at all. Will definitely be making again! Thanks!!
I do not normally post reviews either. This recipe is so yummy! I served this with a salad topped with shredded cheese which melted a bit when the hot chicken was placed on the top. I made double the hot sauce and poured it on top on the chicken which ran down into the salad. This will be served a lot in my house over the summer!
2 words: Loved It!!! Made it exactly as directed and hubby said its a keeper. Thanks for a great recipe.