This is a great merge of buffalo chicken and pasta salad - sort of. I found this recipe on a wonderful blog called How Sweet It Is, and I have adapted it slightly. My family loves when I make this for dinner! I usually serve it with steamed mixed vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g pasta (penne, rotini, or something similar)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into chunks
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml flour
- 354.88 ml milk (I use fat free)
- 236.59 ml monterey jack cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 78.07 ml buffalo wing sauce
- 78.07 ml panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Cook the pasta according to directions.
- 2While pasta is cooking, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 3Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter, and once it’s melted and bubbly add the flour. Whisk together to create a roux and cook for 1-2 minutes until mixture gets a bit golden in color.
- 4Add milk. Continue stirring until milk thickens.
- 5Add in grated cheeses and continue to stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in buffalo wing sauce.
- 6Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- 7Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- 8Add pasta and chicken, then pour cheese sauce over and mix thoroughly until everything is coated.
- 9Sprinkle with additional grated cheese and bread crumbs.
- 10Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- 11Remove from oven and immediately top with desired garnish (I put tomatoes on mine, husband puts buffalo sauce on his).
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.2
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 482.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
buffalo wing sauce