Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great merge of buffalo chicken and pasta salad - sort of. I found this recipe on a wonderful blog called How Sweet It Is, and I have adapted it slightly. My family loves when I make this for dinner! I usually serve it with steamed mixed vegetables.
- 453.59 g pasta (penne, rotini, or something similar)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into chunks
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml flour
- 354.88 ml milk (I use fat free)
- 236.59 ml monterey jack cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 78.07 ml buffalo wing sauce
- 78.07 ml panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 118.29 ml chopped tomato
- 177.44 ml chopped green onion
- 118.29 ml gorgonzola
- additional buffalo wing sauce
- Cook the pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter, and once it’s melted and bubbly add the flour. Whisk together to create a roux and cook for 1-2 minutes until mixture gets a bit golden in color.
- Add milk. Continue stirring until milk thickens.
- Add in grated cheeses and continue to stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in buffalo wing sauce.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add pasta and chicken, then pour cheese sauce over and mix thoroughly until everything is coated.
- Sprinkle with additional grated cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately top with desired garnish (I put tomatoes on mine, husband puts buffalo sauce on his).