Recipe by Greeny4444
This is a great merge of buffalo chicken and pasta salad - sort of. I found this recipe on a wonderful blog called How Sweet It Is, and I have adapted it slightly. My family loves when I make this for dinner! I usually serve it with steamed mixed vegetables.
- 1 lb pasta (penne, rotini, or something similar)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (I use fat free)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola
- additional buffalo wing sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter, and once it’s melted and bubbly add the flour. Whisk together to create a roux and cook for 1-2 minutes until mixture gets a bit golden in color.
- Add milk. Continue stirring until milk thickens.
- Add in grated cheeses and continue to stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in buffalo wing sauce.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add pasta and chicken, then pour cheese sauce over and mix thoroughly until everything is coated.
- Sprinkle with additional grated cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately top with desired garnish (I put tomatoes on mine, husband puts buffalo sauce on his).