Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
These buffalo chicken breasts are as good as buffalo chicken wings without all of the mess.
- 4 (4 ounce) chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stick margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fat free blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken and cook 4 minutes each side until browned.
- Place chicken in an 11 x 7 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine hot sauce and next 4 ingredients. Pour over chicken and bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Serve with dressing.
I made this last night and it was delicious! I, too, used Frank's brand buffalo sauce (every restaurant I've ever worked at or loved the wings from uses Frank's!). I didn't have celery salt so I skipped it but I'll try it next time. I had chicken breast cutlets so I used those and they came out so flavorful and moist. Few things: I dredged the chicken in flour before I browned it to give it a slight coating, I used REAL butter (because I think margarine is a joke), I used more sauce (enough to really coat both sides of all 8 of my cutlets), and I sprinkled them with sesame seeds (just because I see a lot of places do this with their wings so it seemed like a good idea!). Thanks for a great recipe that made my new husband think I'm some sort of a good cook!
Very good! The sauce has just the right amount of heat from the hot sauce. People should know that this is not a thick sauce that clings but rather a thin one. Also, it does not have the exact flavor of classic/traditional/original Buffalo sauce. The sauce does have a little too much celery seed for my taste, so next time I will decrease it and I will also add some salt to it.
This was sooooo good! I followed directions exactly. The only thing I did differently was double the sauce! We loved it, it tasted just like our local wing place Roosters. Next time I think I will do chicken breast strips/tenders. Thanks for an awesome recipe!