I served these for xmas last year,and had several requests for the recipe.A truly delicious way to serve this esteemed vegetable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup water, reserved from the cooked sprouts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 1/2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 325*.
- 2Peel the outer leaves from the sprouts and cut an X into the bottom of each sprout.
- 3Boil and simmer the sprouts in water for 10 mins or until tender, Drain and reserve 1 cup of the hot cooking liquid.
- 4Melt butter in a small skillet, add green onions and saute for 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in the flour and cook for 3 minutes add bacon, garlic and parsley and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- 6Pour in reserved water, add salt and pepper and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened to consistency of heavy cream.
- 7Place sprouts in a buttered casserole. Pour the sauce over and top with grated cheese, then breadcrumbs.
- 8Bake for 30 mins until top is golden.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.3
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 412.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 7.2 g