I found this on alleasyrecipes.com. I'm posting it for ZWT 6. Sweden Scandinavia
Make and share this Baked Brown Sweden Beans (Bruna Bonor) recipe from Food.com.
- Pick over and rinse the beans. Add the water and soak the beans at least 12 hours.
- Bring the beans and soaking water to a boil. Cover the pan and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the salt, vinegar, syrup, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon stick. Stir to mix.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, or until the beans are tender. The liquid should be as thick as a sauce at the end of the cooking period.
- If the liquid is not thickened, turn up the heat for 10 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced. Remove the cinnamon stick. Serve hot.