Recipe by Tearanii
I usually pair this sweet side dish with meatloaf and baked potatoes...a real comfort meal (especially since all three bake simultaneously!).
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
I found this recipe on the internet several years ago and have made it many times since. I make it exactly as posted. I have also used butternut squash. It is very good with baked ham or turkey at your holiday meals. Thank you for posting this keeper recipe!
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place squash in 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Dot 1 tbsp.
- butter in each squash half.
- Evenly sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon in squash halves.
- Add enough water to baking dish to just cover the bottom of the pan; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350º for 1 hour, until squash is tender.
- Serve with additional brown sugar if desired.