Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here is a little trivia: allspice comes from the pea-size berry of the evergreen pimento tree, native to Jamaica. It can be purchased whole or ground. The spice is so named because it tastes like a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- 4 medium bananas
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cut bananas cross-wise in half; cut each half lengthwise in half.
- Place cut sides up in ungreased square baking dish, 9x9x2".
- Mix butter, lemon juice and allspice; brush over bananas.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake uncovered about 15 minutes or until bananas are hot.
This was OK. It was kind of like eating baby food. I had to add cinnamon to give it enough flavor for me. My oldest daughter liked it though.
Made for dessert and topped with vanilla ice cream. Everyone enjoyed these. Made as directed. Made for Family Picks ZWT5.
These are fabulous! Easy to throw together with stuff I usually have on hand! Love it! Had with some vanilla ice cream and chopped walnuts. Made for ZWT5.