Recipe by luvcook'n
Here is a little trivia: allspice comes from the pea-size berry of the evergreen pimento tree, native to Jamaica. It can be purchased whole or ground. The spice is so named because it tastes like a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- 4 medium bananas
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cut bananas cross-wise in half; cut each half lengthwise in half.
- Place cut sides up in ungreased square baking dish, 9x9x2".
- Mix butter, lemon juice and allspice; brush over bananas.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake uncovered about 15 minutes or until bananas are hot.