1 hr 10 mins
From "Roaring Brook Cooks" which is a cookbook from a Westchester, NY school where my DH's cousins went. Their family tried this recipe and said it was very good so I am sharing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Melt butter in a saucepan that is oven-proof or a 1 1/2 casserole pan add onions and raisins; cook stirring constantly until onion is softened and lightly colored.
- 3Add broth and bring to a boil. Add rice and spices and cover.
- 4Transfer to oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 5Remove from oven; stir in nuts and serve.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Brown Rice With Curry, Raisins, and Cinnamon
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.0
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 466.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 8.0 g