Recipe by Oolala
From "Roaring Brook Cooks" which is a cookbook from a Westchester, NY school where my DH's cousins went. Their family tried this recipe and said it was very good so I am sharing.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a saucepan that is oven-proof or a 1 1/2 casserole pan add onions and raisins; cook stirring constantly until onion is softened and lightly colored.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Add rice and spices and cover.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from oven; stir in nuts and serve.