Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3 cups basmati rice, cooked, hot (brown or white)
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 3 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (3 ounce) can French fried onion rings
- Saute celery in butter until tender crisp.
- Add brown rice, tuna, eggs and lemon juice. Fold in mayonnaise. Season to taste.
- Turn into shallow buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole. Top with onion rings.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Good recipe! I added 1 cup of peas as well. The mayo makes me a little less inspired to make this regularly though. Good but fattening!!!
It was simple and delightful, I added a leek with the celery when sauteing and crumbled potato chips on top and didn't have to make a trip to the store :) Next time I will add some capers to amp up the tartness, although marinated artichoke heart would be awesome as well. Thanks for a great basic recipe.
Made for a quick, yummy supper! We made a couple of modifications: added some onions, cherry tomatoes and fresh spinach as well as sprinkled a little bread crumbs on top for some crunch. DIdn't have the time to boil the eggs, but don't think it made much difference. One year old DD ate it up! Thanks!