Recipe by Bec
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcast a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcast. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcast, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli according to package directions- Drain.
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter.
- When onion is transparent, stir in cooked rice, mushroom soup and the cooked broccoli.
- Turn mixture into a buttered shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 350°F oven.