Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcast a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcast. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcast, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions- Drain.
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter.
- When onion is transparent, stir in cooked rice, mushroom soup and the cooked broccoli.
- Turn mixture into a buttered shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 350°F oven.
This recipe is delicious and equally good as leftovers for the next day. It reheats really well, so I double the recipe.
This was very simple to prepare. Next time I would add some seasonings, for us it just needed a little extra kick. I would certainly make it again - it's good simple comfort food - thank you for sharing :)
With ease and comfort is how I would discribe this receipe. It was tasty and easy to make. The fact that it's a cassorole brings back the days of old. :> Thanks.