Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I love blue cheese and this is a great recipe from Maytag Dairy Farm. Use Maytag Blue cheese if possible but any high quality blue will do.
- 680.38 g broccoli, trimmed, florets separated, stems cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml milk
- 118.29 ml crumbled blue cheese
- 85.04 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 118.29 ml dried breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cover broccoli with lightly salted water in a medium saucepan. Heat to a boil over high heat; cook 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to a shallow, buttered casserole dish.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; stir in the flour and garlic. Cook, stirring, until bubbly, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the milk, blue cheese and cream cheese. Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens, about 4 minutes. Pour over broccoli; sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake until heated through and lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
Rich and yummy! I may have used a little extra blue cheese, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. If you love blue cheese and broccoli, this is for you! Thanx for sharing this!
Very good combination of cream and blue cheese. Definitely a blue cheese lovers dish.