I thought this was very tasty, when I made this easy to prepare casserole!
Make and share this Baked Broccoli & Turkey With Cheddar Cheese Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slices of cooked turkey breast (1-oz. each)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefrozen broccoli stems
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced 1/8 inch
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place turkey on bottom of greased 9" square baking pan; top with broccoli spears and onion.
- Set aside.
- In 2 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour and stir until smooth and bubbly (1 minute).
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until thickened (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Pour over broccoli and onion.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
Before getting on with my review, I want to say " That I'm very pleased to be the first one to rate this recipe ".:) This was made on 11/29/11 using T-Day leftovers from 11/27/11.Since it was just two of us, the recipe was cut in half. Also instead of topping the broccoli with the onion, the onion was softened while melting the margarine. Instead of using half-and-half or milk, I subbed evaporated milk that needed to be used up.And since I'm a cheese freak, a bit was added to the top before baking.The taste was very good,but we both felt that it needed " something more ". Maybe if I make this again, I'll add a bit of garlic powder to the sauce. Thanks for taking the time to post this recipe and, " Keep Smiling :) "