I thought this was very tasty, when I made this easy to prepare casserole!
Make and share this Baked Broccoli & Turkey With Cheddar Cheese Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slices of cooked turkey breast (1-oz. each)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefrozen broccoli stems
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced 1/8 inch
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place turkey on bottom of greased 9" square baking pan; top with broccoli spears and onion.
- Set aside.
- In 2 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour and stir until smooth and bubbly (1 minute).
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until thickened (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Pour over broccoli and onion.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.