1/3 Photos of Baked Broccoli Frittata
This was my introduction to the concept of the frittata, from a Light Cuisine cookbook of my mother's. I have used every combination from the 6 eggs and 2 egg whites, to 4 eggs and a cup of egg substitute, to 2 cups of egg substitute, all with success (though it's a bit tastier with a real egg or two included).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil and butter in a wide non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until onion begins to soften (about 3 minutes).
- 2Stir in garlic, parsley, broccoli, and basil. Continue cooking, stirring often, until broccoli is bright green (about 3 minutes).
- 3Remove from heat and stir in salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the cheese.
- 4In a large bowl, beat eggs and egg whites until well blended. Stir in broccoli mixture.
- 5Spray a shallow 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Pour the broccoli mixture into the dish. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 6Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven until frittata is firm in center when touched (25 to 30 minutes).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Broccoli Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.5
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 194.7 mg
- Sodium 279.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 10.2 g