Recipe by pink cook
I am posting this good recipe as a request after trying it myself and for a healthier version requested, too. Enjoy it.
- 2 tablespoons butter (or use canola oil)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 cups broccoli
- 3 eggs, beaten (or use 1 cup egg beaters)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (or use only 1 cup 2% reduced fat cheddar cheese)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add butter or oil and saute chopped onion, garlic and green pepper, lightly.
- Add broccoli, cover and steam for about 2 minutes until cooked but firm.
- Pour in an oil sprayed baking dish and fold in beaten eggs, cheese, cumin (and oregano if like).
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 325ºF. or until set and serve warm.