pink cook's Note:
I am posting this good recipe as a request after trying it myself and for a healthier version requested, too. Enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter (or use canola oil)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 cups broccoli
- 3 eggs, beaten (or use 1 cup egg beaters)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (or use only 1 cup 2% reduced fat cheddar cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (optional)
- 1Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add butter or oil and saute chopped onion, garlic and green pepper, lightly.
- 2Add broccoli, cover and steam for about 2 minutes until cooked but firm.
- 3Pour in an oil sprayed baking dish and fold in beaten eggs, cheese, cumin (and oregano if like).
- 4Bake for about 30 minutes at 325ºF. or until set and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Broccoli & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.2
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 214.0 mg
- Sodium 487.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 22.0 g